Published: 26/09/2017As the weather gets colder and the rain sets in, here are a few helpful tips to make sure your home stays in good condition, even if you're away!
1. Set the timer on your heater so that you can make the most of the warmth when you're in, yet save the pennies when nobody’s home.
2. Open the window or the door a little (obviously not the main one to your flat) so that you ventilate your flat at night, this will help to reduce condensation and subsequent damp when your heating is on.
3. Unplug electric blankets before going to bed, unless they have thermostat and timer controls.
4. Look out for leaks, it’s that time of year when boilers are under pressure and the persistent rain takes its toll on the buildings.
5. If you are a current tenant of City Living London, please notify us if you will be away from your flat for more than 14 days.
Ideally the temperature in your living space should be at 21°C, 18°C for the rest of your home and hot water is best at around 60°C.
Also be mindful that the clocks go back on Sunday 29th October, so yippee for the extra hour in bed but this does mean you should check any timers or clocks to make sure they are correct!