Tips for tenants looking to rent this summer
Are you a tenant looking to rent a property in Central London this summer? It can be a challenging process as during summer time tenants are fast, smart and extremely competitive. Here are some top tips for tenants to avoid getting stuck in the process:
- Avoid delay
- Properties tend to go really quick during summer, so if you really like it, secure it fast. Chances are someone else shares your great taste and will like the same property. It only takes one extra person to create a competition, therefore always looking for something better can turn into a big mistake.
- Have your references ready
- Not having your references ready can really delay the process of your moving into the property. Therefore, you should prepare to have a work reference confirming your employment and a previous landlord’s reference ready when requested for them. Landlord references will confirm if you have paid your rent on time. If you have a bank reference or three months relevant bank statements ready, that can also put you at a significant advantage.
- Have funds ready and ready to sign
- Most tenancy agreements will follow a similar format and should be relatively easy to read. Tenancy agreements and other related documents should be a complete priority, as the agreement will need to be signed before you move in. The longer you leave it the higher the chance of losing the property to someone else. You will also need to start thinking how and when you can pay, therefore have the funds ready.